2.19.2015

{DIY} Herb Garden in a Rasied Box Bed


 I have an amazing husband who is very talented when it comes to wood projects.  I had seen a raised bed planter on the pioneer woman's blog years ago and had to have one of my own.  So, I batted my eyes and sweetly asked {ok, begged} my dear husband to build me one...and he did!!!


I filled it will cilantro, chives, basil, parsley, dill, strawberries, and squash.  I could have planted each one from a seed but that just doesn't work for me.  I can be a very impatient person who prefers instant gratification, so naturally I bought already sprouted herbs.



Those strawberries are already so cute with it's tiny white flower.  I can picture me picking the red little berries and making this for a little afternoon cocktail hour.


I didn't have room for a tomato plant in my raised bed so I planted it off to the side.  I don't have great luck with tomatoes so we shall see how this beauty does.  I would like to make THIS so keep your fingers crossed.


I truly enjoy gardening.  I love being outside in the sunshine, weeding out the dead leaves and picking what my garden has grown.  I have dreams of one day selling my herbs at a farmers market and chatting with fresh food lovers about new recipes and favorite dishes.  In the mean, time this will have to do.  


P.S.  all those herbs will eventually be THIS. {yum!}

simply made by
stephanie



1 comment:

  1. Those beds look great! I love your succulents & that planter too.

    ReplyDelete