1.26.2015

{BAKE} Homemade Banana Bread


I could literally bake everyday because I love it that much.  My kids would love it if I made chooclate chip cookies everyday but believe it or not I get bored of those.  I try to mix up my baking by making breakfast type baked goods every so often.  My kids feel like they are having a special treat for breakfast and I enjoy the swapping out my boring cereal for delicious banana bread with my morning coffee.  

Plus, I can share these lovely little loaves with family and friends.



{RECIPE}

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/4 cups mashed very ripe bananas
1 cup mini chocolate chips plus extra for the top (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Grease mini loaf pan or a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

In a mixing bowl combine flours, baking soda and salt.  In a separate bowl cream together butter and brown sugar.  Stir in eggs one at a time and add mashed bananas until well blended.  Stir banana mixture and 1 cup mini chocolate chips into the flour mixture until moistened. {don't over mix}.

Pour batter into loaf pan {1/2 cup for each mini loaf}. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of the batter.  Bake in preheated over for 40-45 min for mini loafs or 60-65 min for 9x5inch loaf pan or until slightly brown.  Let cool for 10 min in pan then transfer to cooling rack.

Once cool, wrap in parchment paper and put into brown paper bags.  
Add "HELLO" tag and share with family and friends



simply made by
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment