9.10.2014

{BAKE} The BEST Coffee Cake Muffins

I am not over exaggerating when I say these are the BEST coffee cake muffins I have ever had.  I found this recipe about two years ago in cooks illustrated and instantly fell in love with them.  The only thing I changed about the recipe is I like to add cinnamon and nutmeg to the muffin batter.

I made a batch of these muffins to give as a birthday gift to a special friend and I thought I would share it with you.


Ingredients: see recipe
{I add 1/4 t cinnamon and 1/4 t nutmeg to the batter}

This is the reason these muffins are number 1 in my book...The Topping!
It is almost like a flaky cookie dough consistency.
{I could just eat this with a fork}

This is the step when I would add the 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg to the batter.

I bought these parchment muffin cups at cost plus world market.  They can hold as much topping as I want to go on each muffin without spilling all over the place.

I'm so thankful that it makes 12 regular sized muffins so I can keep a few for myself. 

I added 6 muffins to this colorful treat box {also found at cost plus world market}

I have used this funny muffin saying on gifts before but I couldn't pass up using it again for my friends birthday.
{"muffin" to do but say happy birthday to you}

 MUFFIN MAKING EXTRA:

I wrapped a single muffin in plain white parchment paper and tied it with ribbon and a tea cup tag. Now I can give it away to some special in the morning. 
{teacher, friend, mom, sister, co-worker}


Simply Made by,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment