9.09.2014

{DIY} Design Your Own Wrapping Paper

 Remember that roll of brown butcher paper you bought {wink wink}? Well, I found another great use for it.  It makes for great wrapping paper that you can design.  I was recently invited to a bridal shower and I always want my gift to look like it came from me just by the packaging.   Of course it's always the "homemade looking one"...but hopefully in a good way. 

Materials needed:
1.  brown butcher paper
2.   acrylic paint
3.  pencil with a flat top eraser
3 dots with the end of the eraser which was dipped in the acrylic paint.  I added a pretty tag to offset the plain wrapping and tide it up with twine.
The sparkly red was a great pop of color on the plain brown paper.  Again, I used the pencil eraser to make the top of the heart and then dragged the paint down to a point to finish the heart.  I wish I had a big sparkly bow to tie it all together but my ribbon supply is quite sad looking these days.
{I highly recommend a big fancy glittery obnoxious bow}

Outdoor strung lights are so popular right now.  I had to give it a try using the pencil, paint and thick sharpie marker.
{a sweet little flower bouquet would be a cute topper to this gift}

 TEA TOWEL CRAFT EXTRA:

Instead of making the wine cork cherries  on the tea towel, make the outdoor string of lights for a fun hostess gift.
 FYI...it would probably work best on a darker tea towel {pictured above...Cost Plus World Market}


Simply Made by,
Stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment